Raymarine Quantum 2 Q24D Radar Doppler with 10m Power & Data Cables - T70416
In the Box
- Quantum 2 Radome
- 10 meter power cable
- 10 meter data cable
- Installation hardware
Quantum 2 Q24D Radar Doppler with 10m Power & Data Cables
The Raymarine Quantum 2 Radar has Doppler collision avoidance technology. The Quantum 2 next generation CHIRP pulse compression radar by Raymarine provides superior target awareness at both long and extremely short ranges.
Using advanced Doppler processing, the system instantly highlights moving radar contacts and color codes them to indicate whether they are inbound or outbound. Quantum with Doppler makes it easy to discern potentially dangerous targets when navigating in high-traffic areas.
Easily Identify Dangerous Targets
Raymarine Quantum 2 Doppler target processing readily identifies and color codes moving radar contacts for instant recognition and reduced risk of collision.
Quantum 2’s exclusive Safety Sector feature provides the maximum level of visibility to dangerous targets in the path of your vessel (both mobile and stationary).
Superior Collision Avoidance
Doppler-enabled MARPA provides an effortless means of dangerous target tracking by eliminating the need to setup guard zones. Raymarine MARPA target tracking is the same technology trusted by the United States Coast Guard.
- Doppler moving target display allows for superior situational awareness at-a-glance
- Fully automatic ARPA target tracking, along with manual MARPA mode
- Adjustable TrueTrails target history shows the motion history of moving contacts
- CHIRP Pulse Compression detects contacts as close as 18-feet for zero-visibility navigation
- 24-mile range for early detection of traffic, navigation aids, landfall and weather
- Immediate awareness – Quantum starts up and is ready to go in seconds
- Superior interference rejection eliminates noise from other radars
- Simplified installation with Wi-Fi or thin wire network connectivity
- Easy upgrade – Quantum 2 fits the same bolt pattern as other Raymarine scanners
- Lightweight and easy to install – Quantum weighs up to 50% less than comparable magnetron radars
- Safe emissions – mount Quantum anywhere onboard
- Low power consumption for extended battery life under sail
How Doppler Radar Works:
- Microwave energy waves are bounced off of a distant target, just like conventional radar.
- Moving targets send back echoes whose frequencies shift upward or downward from what was originally transmitted.
- For inbound targets, the frequency increases as the leading edge of the returning echoes are received more frequently as the target’s range decreases.
- For outbound targets, the frequency drops as the returning echoes spread out as its range increases.
- Doppler radars are engineered to detect these small shifts in wave frequency, and use them to classify moving radar targets.
Doppler Target Processing
Doppler radar is tuned specifically to detect the radar echo frequency shift returned by moving vs. stationary targets.Quantum 2 then uniquely color codes moving targets to indicate whether they are getting closer, or moving away.
- Inbound targets are colored red
- Outbound targets are colored green
Color coded targets make it simple to pick out moving traffic from other stationary targets like land, navigation aids or stopped/anchored vessels.
Quantum 2 Safety Sector
Doppler does an excellent job of bringing attention to moving targets, but it does downplay stationary targets, that can be equally as dangerous.Safety Sector provides equal attention to these imminent threats by coloring them as inbound targets. Potential targets include:
- Exposed Hazard (rocks, pilings, etc...)
- Slow moving, low visibility vessels
- Quantum 2's Safety Sector spreads 15° from the bow to a distance of approximately 200m
NOTE: The safety sector is not visible on the display. Quantum 2 automatically processes and highlights targets within this region in red.
The Quantum 2 also features fully automatic target acquisition and tracking. Configure custom safety or alarm zones and be alerted to new radar contacts entering the zone. Quantum 2 can begin tracking those contacts automatically, calculating their course, speed, closest point of approach and more. You’ll be alerted to dangerous contacts with audible alerts and easy to understand on-screen graphics.
Quantum 2 also features Raymarine’s True Trails target history display. The True Trails features enables you to see a historical “wake” behind every moving contact. This additional information makes it even easier to interpret the motion of other vessels, and make smart maneuvering decisions to pass safely.
Like every Raymarine Quantum system, you’ll also benefit from a rugged and lightweight design that is super-easy to install. Quantum 2 has very low power consumption making it especially friendly to vessels running exclusively on battery power. Quantum 2 with Doppler can be installed in a traditional wired configuration, or use its built-in Wi-Fi technology to connect it to your Raymarine MFD.
The Quantum 2 with Doppler truly sets the standard for on the water safety and collision avoidance.
|Input Voltage ||12/24 VDC |
|Antenna ||18'' Radome |
|Power ||20 Watt Solid State, Pulse Compression |
|Beamwidth ||4.9° Horizontal |
|Interface ||Wireless connection to select MFDs, optional RayNet cable for other MFDs |
|Other Functions ||Doppler target tracking, MARPA, low radiation output, enhanced target discrimination |
|Dimensions ||21.3'' diameter, 8.3'' High |
|Warranty ||Three Year, after on-line registration |